About Northwell Health
Northwell Health is New York State’s largest health care provider and private employer, with 23 hospitals, more than 650 outpatient facilities and nearly 15,000 affiliated physicians. We care for over two million people annually in the New York metro area and beyond, thanks to philanthropic support from our communities. Our 66,000 employees – 15,000-plus nurses and 4,000 employed doctors, including members of Northwell Health Physician Partners – are working to change health care for the better. We’re making breakthroughs in medicine at the Feinstein Institute for Medical Research. We're training the next generation of medical professionals at the visionary Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell and the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies. For information on our more than 100 medical specialties, visit Northwell.edu.
Phelps Hospital is dedicated to:
- improving the health of the community we serve;
- sustaining an environment of excellence where medical, social and rehabilitative services are delivered proficiently, efficiently and effectively;
- offering a broad range of preventive, diagnostic and treatment services;
- educating our community to achieve optimal health outcomes and quality of life;
- striving to enhance the personal and professional excellence of our medical, nursing, paraprofessional, technical, administrative and support staff;
- providing comprehensive care in a safe, modern environment where advanced medical techniques and effective management and planning are coupled with the strong Phelps tradition of caring.
We will continue to be:
- a financially sound, physically modern and technologically advanced institution whose staff and employees enjoy their work;
- known throughout the region for excellent clinical services and nursing care, measured by satisfied patients and community;
- linked in creative and mutually beneficial ways with our medical staff to provide comprehensive primary health services and an appropriate spectrum of secondary and tertiary services; cooperating with other health care institutions to enhance our ability to provide high quality care at reasonable cost.
Your support helps to finance innovative new programs and large capital projects and equipment and ensures that Phelps will continue to be able to provide leading-edge, high-quality healthcare to you, your family and your neighbors. Your gift to Phelps benefits the entire community.